Flims Alumni Club
Who are we?
The Flims Alumni Club (FAC) is a non-profit organisation established in 2001 and is a member of ECCO, the European CanCer Organisation. The Flims Alumni Club responds to the interests and needs of highly driven European junior clinical oncologists by offering an expanding range of benefits exclusive to Members.
FAC Membership is free and open solely to young professionals and Faculty who have participated in the EORTC-ESMO-AACR Workshops on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research. After seventeen editions (1999-2015) occurring in Flims, Switzerland, the MCCR Workshop relocated to Zeist, Netherlands and the 2020 is held in Sint Michelgestel, Netherlands.
FAC Members enjoy exclusive access to the FAC Members Directory and a direct networking opportunity via the Flims Alumni Club LinkedIn Group.
FAC Members can be entitled reduced fees to attend key meetings such as the European Cancer Congress, which incorporates the needs of Young Oncologists, as well as any FAC related-events. Each year FAC aims to provide a grant to the Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop.
The Flims Alumni Club Mission
- To foster the active
- involvement of young cancer specialists in clinical as well as translational research
- To promote the teaching, study and dissemination of methods in cancer research, and thus contribute to increase the quality of clinical trials and translational research
- To promote the concept of a multidisciplinary approach as being the cornerstone and original basis of modern oncology
- To foster the mobility of young cancer clinicians among different European countries, promoting the establishment of a network for educational exchanges
- To provide a forum to disseminate accurate information, address issues relevant to young cancer specialists, and develop a sense of community by fostering interactions among its members
- To promote a productive dialogue between young cancer specialists and the European and non-European Cancer Societies
The FAC is therefore solely dedicated to the fight against cancer and to decrease its impact on public health.
The FAC’s activities are therefore not-for-profit.
FAC Membership is free and open exclusively to young professionals and faculty who have participated in the EORTC-ESMO-AACR Workshops on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research.
Responding to the interests and needs of highly driven European junior clinical oncologists, the FAC is pleased to offer a broad and expanding range of benefits exclusive to Members.
Access to the Members only web section:
- Exclusive access to the FAC Members Directory
Direct networking opportunity via the FLIMS LinkedIn Group
- Instant delivery of your communication to all members
- Exclusivity: only open to Flims Alumni and Faculty
- Updating you on a variety of opportunities including research, travel and educational grants as well as fellowship / post-doc positions.
- Prompting you about important conference and meetings deadlines such as abstract submission as well as details surrounding upcoming events in oncology.
- Possibility to become a Society Grant Ambassador for the EORTC-ESMO-AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop.
To further serve the upcoming generation of experts in cancer treatment, care and practice, the FAC is striving to set up additional initiatives.