Who are we?
The MCCR Alumni Club (MAC), formerly Flims Alumni Club, is a non-profit organisation established in 2001. The MCCR Alumni Club responds to the interests and needs of highly driven European junior clinical oncologists by offering an expanding range of benefits exclusive to its members.
MAC membership is free, and open solely to young professionals and faculty who participated in the EORTC-ESMO-AACR Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research. After seventeen editions (1999-2015) occurring in Flims, Switzerland, the MCCR Workshop relocated to the Netherlands – firstly to Zeist, and now to Sint-Michielsgestel.
Vision, Mission and Objectives
Every cancer patient receives the best treatment and care through innovation.
To foster and nurture early career investigators by providing a platform for best practice and knowledge exchange for clinical and translational research in cancer.
- To foster the active involvement of early career investigators in clinical and translational research.
- To promote the teaching, study and dissemination of methods in cancer research, and thus contribute to increase the quality of clinical trials and translational research.
- To ensure and encourage multidisciplinarity and collaboration across all stakeholders in investigator initiated clinical and translational cancer research.
- To establish a platform (for alumni) for educational exchanges, practical methods, support and advice in clinical and translational research throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
MAC membership is free, and open exclusively to young professionals and faculty who participated in the EORTC-ESMO-AACR Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research.
Responding to the interests and needs of highly driven European junior clinical oncologists, the MAC offers a broad and expanding range of benefits exclusive to members:
- Exclusive access to the MAC Members Directory
- Direct networking opportunity via the MAC LinkedIn Group
- Receiving information on upcoming educational webinars and future meetings for members and faculty
- Receiving updates on a variety of opportunities including research, travel and educational grants, as well as fellowship / post-doc positions
- Receiving information on important conference and meeting deadlines, such as abstract submission, as well as details surrounding upcoming events in oncology
To further serve the upcoming generation of experts in cancer treatment, care and practice, the MAC is striving to set up additional initiatives.
If you have any other queries related to MAC, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.