This interactive webtool helps you choose an appropriate PRO analysis method based on a well-defined PRO objective. The tool will display recommended appropriate statistical method based on your answers to three short questions.
The webtool is based on the SISAQOL consensus recommendations (2020). You can find the link to the SISAQOL consensus recommendations pre-print here.
This tool does not give guidance on selection of:
- PRO instrument
- PRO domain(s) of interest
- Thresholds for clinical relevance
- Time point and time frame of interest
We make the assumption that you have already selected/identified the elements above.
For each PRO objective, statistical methods were recommended on the basis of an agreed set of selection criteria. If a statistical method did not satisfy an essential criterion, then the method was not recommended as appropriate for PRO analysis.
Essential statistical features (2):
- Ability to do a statistical test between two treatment groups
- Ability to produce clinically relevant results
Highly desirable statistical features (3):
- Ability to adjust for covariates, including baseline PRO score
- Ability to handle missing data with the least restrictions
- Ability to handle clustered data (repeated assessments)