HRH Princess Dina Mired is a global advocate for cancer control and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) She established and led the King Hussein Cancer Foundation (KHCF) in Jordan as Director General 2002-2016, transforming the non-profit into an internationally known brand and leader in the global movement for people affected by cancer. In 2011, she was honoured to have been chosen to deliver the main keynote speech on behalf of civil society at the first-ever United Nations High-level Meeting on NCD’s. Princess Dina was elected in 2016 to become the President of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). Her Highness was the first Arab and non-medical person to have been elected to preside over such a global organisation. As a respected global advocate, Princess Dina was chosen again in 2018 to speak at the third high-level meeting on NCDs as “Eminent Champion of the fight against Non-communicable diseases” on the prevention and control of NCD’s. Princess Dina serves in many high-profile international positions:
- Honorary President EORTC-ECRF
- Immediate Past President -Union For International Cancer Control (UICC).
- Honorary Ambassador of Harvard Global Health Win-Win Initiative
- Patron of International Society for Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- Member of WHO Expert Group for the Elimination of Cervical Cancer
- Special Envoy for NCD’s for Vital Strategies
- Member of the United Nations University (UNU) High-level Advisory committee.